Alerian aims to provide relevant information, keeping its stakeholders current with key industry issues, people, and upcoming events. Learn more about the master limited partnership asset class through our educational publications.
This educational piece highlights the following topics:
- North American Energy Industry Basics
- Energy Infrastructure and Master Limited Partnership (MLP) Basics
- Merits of Energy Infrastructure and MLPs
- Pooled Investments in Energy Infrastructure and MLPs
- Energy Infrastructure Risks
- Alerian and the Alerian Index Series
This document provides an introduction to the three major resources: natural gas, natural gas liquids (NGLs), and crude, as well as the current energy infrastructure needs. Trends discussed include:
- Hydraulic Fracturing
- LNG Exports From the US
- The Importance of Mont Belvieu, Texas
- The Crude Bottleneck In Cushing, Oklahoma
- Keystone XL
The Alerian MLP Index Series provides investors with unbiased and comprehensive benchmarks for the MLP asset class. The Series is used for the purposes of asset allocation, investment analysis, portfolio hedging, and the creation of index tracking funds.
This fact sheet highlights Alerian’s four major MLP indices, 1-, 3-, 5-, and 10-year performance, comparable yields, and comparable sector performance.
Last update: 31 December 2013