Sometimes, to equip investors to make informed decisions about MLPs and energy infrastructure means to point them to content elsewhere on the web. To that end, here is the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory’s US energy flow chart for last year, as estimated in March 2014. (Charts for other countries and individual US states are available here, a guaranteed time sinkhole for energy data nerds.) My biggest takeaway is how inefficient electricity generation and transportation are, with natural gas taking electricity generation market share from coal and nuclear a close second. What’s yours?
Subscribe to Alerian Insights
- MLP Distribution Coverage: How and Why It’s Changed
- 2Q18 Recap and the Barbell Profile of MLP Distribution Growth
- Bye, Bye, Bye (MLPs) Part 3: What’s an Investor to Do?
- Alerian Explains It All: C Corps, MLPs, and the Midstream Indices That Contain Them
- Bye, Bye, Bye (MLPs) Part 1: Who’s Saying Bye and Why?